Academic Year in the UKExperience a term or a full academic year at Bristol's top international college
Bristol International College: more choice, more care, more opportunities.
Bristol International College (BIC) is a University of London Recognised Teaching Centre which offers high-achieving, ambitious 16-18 year old international students the opportunity to study the University of London International Foundation Programme (IFP). The study programme itself has been designed to ensure that students achieve high academic standards, learn appropriate subject knowledge and acquire both the skills and intellectual curiosity necessary for rigorous degree-level study. IFP graduates go on to study for degrees with the most prestigious universities in the UK and elsewhere. Studying the IFP at BIC will equip students with the skills and knowledge necessary to embark on a wide range of demanding undergraduate degrees which include: Accounting and Finance; Business Administration; Business and Management; Computing and Information Systems; Development and Economics; Economics; Economics and Politics; International Relations; Management with Law; Law.
The International Foundation Programme at a glance
- One-year pre-university course
- Minimum age 16
- English Language minimum requirement IELTS 6.0 or equivalent
- Four courses chosen from six options: Maths & Statistics / Pure Maths / Economics / Accounting & Finance / International Relations / Law
- Course content designed by University of London
- Eight-weeks professional internship included
- Internationally recognised University of London certificate
- Pathway to the top universities in the UK and worldwide
Taking the International Foundation Programme will
- help you build confidence in your English reading, writing, listening and speaking skills
- equip you with the academic knowledge and study skills you will need on your degree programme
- help you develop key career skills so you can find your dream job after you graduate
In addition to delivering the IFP, the BIC team of hand-picked specialist subject teachers will also offer the highest level of learning support and exceptional pastoral care to ensure that students, who are living far from home without family, get the most out of their time at the College and are fully prepared, socially as well as educationally, for their school and university careers and beyond; unrivalled advice and support for a student’s next steps in life:
- study and career advice service
- school and university placement service
- professional internship placement service
The College is situated in an enviable location in the world-famous city of Bristol, voted the UK’s happiest city and a world-class destination for education at all levels. It is in a quiet but prestigious residential suburb, near to Clifton Village and the Downs, but only minutes from the university quarter and the city centre.
BIC has its own newly refurbished teaching centre in an elegant but homely Victorian town house on the edge of the Downs and a new modern student residence with single ensuite study bedrooms, located in the heart of Clifton Village. Students will feel safe and supported by BIC’s team of dedicated and experienced pastoral staff and part of the BIC family. Clifton is one of the liveliest areas of Bristol and very popular with young locals and university students alike.
- 1 term minimum stay
- Minimum age 16
- IELTS 6.0 or equivalent
- BIC entry test
Term Dates & Fees:
|Term 1||1 September – 11 December 2020|
|Term 2||4 January – 1 April 2021|
|Term 3||12 April – 2 July 2021|
|Per Term||£7,600 (Term 1 or Terms 1 & 2 only)|
|Per Year||£50,000 (including residential accommodation)|
|Premium host-family||£250 per week|